Friday, July 10, 2009

Man Rule #2

Do not complain about a job you have if you are not in the position to be complaining.

People wanna talk about how unhappy they are at their job, or how they wanna leave whatever company they are with to work for another, or just complain for the sake of complaining. Real talk...that's not becoming of a man.

I know I used to be one of those people at some point...always dreading the hours to come when I'd have to go to work when I knew I couldn't stand the bosses/ disliked what I did. After much reflection, and trying times, for what?

Be happy you got a damn job! Especially in this economy today - *yo that is like the NUMBER TWO used phrase for anything...think about it..."I wanna go on vacation, but in this economy...", or "I wanna go to such and such school, but in this economy...", or even "Normally we'd go to Red Lobster, but...shit in THIS economy..."* - even people with Ph.D's are having troubles and are resorting to baggage handling jobs at Delta just to put food on the table. People are still getting laid off today! And you wanna complain about the job you HAVE?

If you're a true man...and any man will tell you this...but if you're a true man, especially one with a family and obligatory expenses, you are going to do whatever it is you gotta do to put food on the table and get those bills paid. Even if you aren't one of those men with extreme expenses, no man likes to be broke! Period! Yea...times are hard sometimes...but if you can find comfort and solace in being broke...I'm sorry...and not trying to judge you...but you're no man. Yea people like to cry broke here and there...and it may be true. Nothing wrong with that. But if you don't see a problem with it, or if you aren't trying to find a way to improve that situation...then you got some growing to do.

Being real...no man should EVER enjoy being broke. Cuz I assure you, no woman will put up with a man who stay broke and ain't trying to do nothing to fix it! *yea I'm speaking in my non-professional tone right now...so don't you DARE judge my grammar! lol*

Furthermore...since when were you "too good" to do any type of labor? Now...every man should strive for the best. Get that good career with a salary. Grab something with residual income...all that! However...I find it very annoying when I hear a "man" say..."Oh I'm not doing that! That's not for me! I couldn't do that. I'm not gonna get my hands dirty doing that." *Yes I've actually heard everything I've said in this entry.*

smh

Now...should you WANT to do some of those things. Of course not. You probably deserve better and should always strive to do better. However, if those are the cards you dealt...you're not gonna fold them! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...and that's just not an option.

I know back in the day I used to say that I'd NEVER work at a fast-food restaurant. I never wanted to. I might have even thought I was "too good" for it. But...as things have turned out now...sometimes that's just what you have to do in order to move forward. You gotta start somewhere and sometimes do things you don't want to do or never saw yourself doing. Now I'm at a fast-food restaurant, sometimes dressing as the freakin' mascot to bring in customers. Why? To tithe, to pay for school, a monthly phone bill, car repairs, other miscellaneous expenses, and to have extra money to save and spend as I please. Now, will I stay there? HELL NO!! I'm on a path of greatness that just happened to start where it started. However, on the way, I won't complain about what is. What is is what is...no use in complaining.

Just wanted to get that off my chest! What you think?

p.s. The NUMBER ONE phrase used for anything is "We in a recession." and no...not "We're in a recession," but "We in a recession!"

HOLLA!!!!!

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Ohhh emmmm jeeee!!! I love this one J and I totally agree! I put a permanent link to your page on my blog yesterday but, bc I love this I'm posting this post's link individually!

Thanks for being such an awesome young man, but you don't have a choice. Awesomeness is in our blood :-)