Monday, August 17, 2009

New Beginnings

So today was my first day at GA State. Took a semester off from Emory and transferred. So yea...onto my day.

It's great being in school with my brothers again. I don't know what it is...but things just feel much better when they're around. I love it! But yea...me and Austin have class M-Th morning at the same time, so we'll be walking together pretty much everyday. *yea yea...yall wanna say how cute that is right...ok ok go on ahead and get them over with. lol* but that's good cuz we can check each other to make sure we get up and out every morning. First of all, it's been a while for me walking to class in the morning, so the feeling almost...almost...felt fresh and new. But secondly...I'm back in the city!!! For those that don't understand...I'm from Long Beach, California. I'm a city boy at heart. I'm used to things being walking/bike distance. Also, I may sound crazy, but I love the sounds of the city. I love hearing police sirens *unless they're behind me* and helicopters and horns blaring and people yelling! I love it. Just being able to walk in that atmosphere really feels like home. When I moved to GA, I moved to a tree-infested, deer-habitated, uncharted territory in the boondocks of Clayton County, where the only sounds I heard were crickets chirping, and the only place I could feasibly walk to was my mailbox. Yea...just picture my misplacement. Don't get me wrong, I've grown into it now after being here for five years...but I digress.

So my first class begins at 10. I go in, take my seat...and then it hits me. Yo...I'm in school again! It wasn't necessarily the shock of actually being in school or anything like that, but the fact that I was in class, with students, and a staff teacher randomly assigned to teach this class, with my backpack *YES IT'S BACKPACK...NOT BOOKBAG!!!!!* and stuff...ready to go. It was kinda crazy. So yea...the teacher seems pretty straight. Real straight forward, a bit silly. A good little mix ya know? In and out in 25 minutes. It's the first day...yall know how that goes. So I walk out into the plaza where all the other students who don't have class seemingly chill and, as they call it, "people watch." So I start to walk around, peep the scene, just take in my new environment. After a while, I ran into one of the homies from Lovejoy High School and his sister who I know. Dapped them up and hugged...met a cool chick that was hangin with them. And, I proceeded to people watch with them. I didn't have class again for another hour and a half, so we kicked it. Talked about ball, the school, he was schoolin me a bit on the people there, and then those three decided they wanted to give me a tour of the need-to-know spots. They was real cool wit it, and I appreciate it greatly. So big ups to Keith, Ciera, and Sarah. Afterwards we chilled for a bit longer until my class at 12.

Second class. A philosophy class. Lovely. I love thinking. Teacher seems VERY reasonable. NO PAPERS!!!!! Holla atcha boi! but it was cool. Went over the administrative course. Filled out this sheet in which he asked us our name and classification and stuff like that, but also asked us our opinions on certain philosophical doctrines we will be covering over the semester. I decided to actually get deep on most of them, it's been a minute since I could flex my intelligence and ability to expound, so I took full opportunity of it. lol...it's the nerd in me. Then we had a group activity in which we discussed those same doctrines on that sheet of paper amongst ourselves. It was a fun discussion, hearing other people tactfully expressing their opinions. Then we left. lol

So after class I make my way to the plaza to get up with Drew who was already out of class. So I meet up with him, and we begin to, as they say, "people watch". lol We both didn't feel like making the trek back home, and me and Austin had already planned to hit the gym and begin our workout regiment after he got out of class...so we kicked it until Austin got out of class. He finally got out, and we still kicked it for a few minutes! lol...it was the first day so we just wanted to see what was poppin, what the females were lookin like *which happens to be the premise for my previous post lol...not that I didn't feel that way before, but today more than furthered my conviction. lol*, and just talkin as brothers do. After a while, Drew dipped to the crib as me and Austin headed to the gym. As we're on the way there, a young lady approaches me carrying a load of books, lookin' all uncomfortable, and kindly asked if anyone would like to help her carry her books. Being the gentleman I tend to be for some reason, I decided to help her out...besides, I knew I had seen her before, so I wanted to figure out who she was. So we're walking and talking, and it turns out I had seen her at a party I went to a couple weeks ago. We realized who we were, and just talked school and life. After I dropped her and her books off, I bid her farewell and headed to the gym.

On the way to the gym...I became re-familiarized with how bold females can be. So I'm walking right...just mindin' my own business, whistlin and skippin in my own mind...and I hear this "Hello!"...so I turn around, and one out of a group of four ladies begins to approach me. She was like, I'm Alexis, what's your name?! "J.B." "Real nice to meet you. See you guys *talking to her friends* there's nothing wrong with being friendly." "Oh, nah there's nothing wrong with being friendly at all!" "Oh I know that. I'm extra friendly! Especially to attractive looking men like yourself." "Oh. Well thank you." "So are you a freshman?" "No I'm a transfer." "Oh from where?" "Emory." "OH REALLY?! Damn so you're cute AND smart!" "*smiley face* yea I guess. I manage." "Oh I'm sure you do." "Yeaaa...well nice to meet you guys. I actually got things to do." "Ok bye! I'm sure I'll be seeing you around!" *briskly walks away* and THEN...I'm walking down the street...and I see these three girls walking towards me on the opposite side of the street...but i'm chillin...tryin to meet up with my brother. "PSSSSST". I didn't know what that was. "PSSSST." I turn around...sho' nuff...those same girls across the street are lookin' at me...basically walking backwards...so I wave to be courteous, and keep on movin. "PSSSSST"...I turn again... "Hey Baby!" "Hello!" *chuck deuces and continue walking.* It was so funny. lol. anyways...after that...met up with Austin, worked out, then walked home and relaxed for the rest of the night.

All in all...I love my new learning environment. I got my brothers there with me...and we've gotten extra close! So that...it's refreshing to be back in a learning environment after a nice break from it *very therapeutic*, a new and more familiar environment, and the girls are ridiculously bad!! lol...you can more than likely chalk it up to it just being new faces...but I don't care. Some of them are just BAD!!! BAD BAD BAD!!!! lol but yea...i'm not doing this every day...actually...i'n not doing this for any other school day unless it's mad interesting. lol...but yea...I know a few people will wanna know about the first day...so here it is! :) Hope you enjoyed! lol

HOLLA!!!!!

1 comment:

Reggie said...

the overall thought on this is...DATS WUTS UP!!! glad u likin it over there bro. and while we on the subject of how "BAD!!! BAD BAD BAD!!!!" the women over there are...holla at ya emory boys when yall got some shindigs poppin off. good luck wit school n everything on the real. glad u back on the education. get get get it!!!