Friday, June 26, 2009

I Remember The Time...



Yea...so this is the first time I could get to my blog since my silly posts yesterday. First of all...I'll seriously continue my Throwback Thursday series next week. Second...there is obviously something more important to blog about.

Yes I know everyone is already on it...but yo...it could never be said enough.

Yesterday we lost probably the biggest music icon of our time. People like Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, and the like would not have the career they have without this man.

Yo...I used to try to dance like him ALL THE TIME!!! I'm still trying to perfect the moonwalk. I used to watch Michael Jackson Moonwalker on repeat all day! *don't front like none of yall watched that movie all day!* I'm more than sure EVERYBODY has at least FIVE of his songs committed to memory, and even that would be a shame.

He's truly the definition of 'Timeless.'

I'm trying not to make this sound like one of those cliche articles I'm sure you've already read...but I mean...what else can you say.

One sad thing about all of this...I feel like in the short term...like definitely over the next few months...his musical talent is going to be overshadowed by his lifestyle. All his scandals, his nose, and plenty of other things I'm sure is going to surface now that he's gone. Yes it's true...he definitely had a troubled life. He wasn't the greatest person ever. Nobody is really. He did his dirt, made his mistakes. True. But I really feel like all of that conversation should cease to exist. Let the man and his family rest in peace. We should just just bask in his music and legacy as we remember him as the GREATEST to ever do it! Period!

I hope my homegirl Marissa Mitchell is reading this. I know how much she loves him and his music. *notice I said loveS instead of loveD! He's gone physically, but he'll live through his music longer than we will...real talk* I partially wrote this for you girl! While we may not show it *I personally have a problem with showing emotion, I'm working on it though*, we are all cut deep by this unexpected loss. You Are Not Alone!

I know this is personally going to take a good minute before this actually hits me. That sentence alone should just underline the sheer impact of his death. As I realize it and it truly does cut deep, for some reason I just feel like it hasn't exactly HIT me...yall understand? Like I expect to see a news story in the next few hours saying how he miraculously woke up and moonwalked out of the hospital screaming...WHO'S BAD?!!!!!!!!

With that said...here's to the King of Pop. May your music rest in everyone's souls forever. *I know it will in mine!* Damn...

Michael Joseph Jackson
(August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009)

This is where I was going to post my favorite music video of all time from Michael...but my boy LoLights (see LoLights and check out his blog...it's sick) already posted it! So instead...I'm going to post my favorite song of all time by the man! Real talk...everyone listen to this song.

1 comment:

Lo Wayne said...

Well said fam... Thanks for the shoutout. Anybody remember the michael jackson video game? That uses to be my shit for sega genesis. If u haven't played it.... You tube that shit