Monday, June 15, 2009

Walking In Deep Waters pt. 1

The perfect silhouette
No face, no features
An empty void
The shell of what could be
What should’ve been
What isn’t…

The light behind the figure
Illuminating the hope
The small chance
The possibility
And the maybe
Blinding me from the insecurities
The doubt
And the cold it embodies

It’s seeming darkness intriguing
The positive to my negative
Attraction inevitable
Yet it repels itself
Unattainable

Or am I standing still?
Afraid of the flaws
Rough edges
Blemishes
And imperfections I’m blinded from

In love with an outline
Complacent with the idea of perfection
But the darkness still intrigues me
So, I put my shades on
Ready to see the hope
The small chance
The possibility
And the maybe
Turn into an actuality
An assurance
A definite
As I make my way towards

The Perfect Silhouette

2 comments:

Lola said...

talent much?
my fave poems, or any type of artistic expression for that matter, are when all i can do is appreciate the talent and thought that went into a certain piece, but have no full understanding of what was behind the creating of that piece. art is definitely life! i love it.

X

Jay Blair said...

:D definitely one of my most emotional pieces. Glad you love it!!

maybe i'll explain it one day. it's actually one of those poems that explain more than one train of thought, just wrapped in one extended metaphor. I was actually quite proud of myself! like...you know you can do your own work but not understand how much it meant to you or how much more true it really is until after you finish it and read it a couple days after its done...that's how i felt about this.