Monday, June 8, 2009

Simple Pleasures

So I'm sitting on the golf course...well not really. I'm at the golf course, sitting at a table. lol whatever. Anyways...they're giving a few golf lessons to younger kids up here...so I took my 3 younger brothers up here to pick up on a few tips. I, personally, was trying to perfect my drive...the freakin ball keeps slicing to the right! IT'S SO FRUSTRATING! lol...but it's all good though. It's getting there.

So yea...their lesson is over now...and they want to hit the driving range a bit. So they're out there now...and i'm just sitting here on my computer...checking my e-mail and whatnot. So I'm looking at the boys golf...I look into the beautiful blue sky underlined by the peaks of the trees lining the driving range with the clouds swimming freely...and I feel happy.

Simple things like that really do go a long way towards happiness. I feel like people get so lost in trying to complete their goals, find a mate, become financially stable, and other things...thinking that once those things are found or accomplished, happiness will then ensue...when everyone can grasp a bit of happiness now and truly appreciate it.

It really is the simple things in life. Being able to appreciate beautiful scenery, doing something you enjoy *listening to music, laying pool side, being able to golf, etc.*, being able to watch your brothers do something they enjoy, just little things.

I challenge every one to do this...take a break from whatever it is you're doing...doesn't have to be a BREAK...but just a few minutes to yourself, and look out into space and let your thoughts cannonball into the sky as they swim with the clouds and drown in the cosmic scenery around you, creating a seismic wave of tranquility throughout your body and quenching the thirst of your soul. Now tell me...after you have done so...how much more relaxed and happy you feel.

Simple Pleasures. They make a world of difference. HOLLA!!!!!

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

J, that was beautiful and all, but i'm still stuck on the fact that ur on your lap top out there... River's Edge has wireless at the course?!?! I'm about to be out there all the time!!!

woop woop!!!

Jay Blair said...

LOL...yea I wish they did...nah they don't. haha. We have membership at Crystal Lake...a newer golf course on the way to McDonough in between where we stay and like where the BJ's, Best Buy, Target, and that whole shopping center over there. It's really nice!

Jasmine said...

o... dang, lol