Wednesday, June 10, 2009

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!

I'm a man that loves Hip-Hop music...and that love of Hip-Hop is only rivaled by my love for R&B music and basketball *minus my family and close friends*. Granted, I love music in general, however I truly love the culture of Hip-Hop and the sincerity of and emotion behind R&B. Anyways...one of my favorite artists is in fact, R. Kelly. His Chocolate Factory album is probably one of my most favorite albums. The guy is a legend!

He was one of my favorite artists up until a few years ago.

People have heard me comment on him plenty of times before, but to the cyberspace public, I am pretty sick and tired of Kelz. Right now, he just seems like R&B's next door neighbor that is always looking through your window...and you know he is a registered sex offender *no pun on his past situation.....sort of.*

He is a grown-ass man...that seemingly refuses to grow up. He's become...to me at least...a gimmick singer, which is never good. He follows the trend just to make an attempt to stay relevant, when his name is all he needs to keep him relevant if he was to actually stick to the good music he used to put out. Now, all this talk about him running the clubs, taking MY girl in VIP *that would never happen...and I do mean never*, popping bottles...like...my nigga...WORD?! Let's leave that for the younger people. And now, I don't know if anyone has heard or paid attention...but now HE is starting to use the auto-tune *If you know me...you know that I COMPLETELY despise the inappropriate use of the auto-tune*. Add all of that together...and yea...you get my drift.

Obviously...I'm not the only one who feels as such.

My boy Trey Songz actually sounded off on Kelz...using Jay-Z's D.O.A. beat. *Does anybody else feel like this beat is going to be the new "A Milli", where everybody and they mama gonna jump on it and spit?* I, personally, am feeling this! Yall check this out! Not sure if it should have been him to say it...especially since he gets compared to R. Kelly, which I can see...but somebody needed to. And he did a great job...it was quite entertaining. *Stamp of approval*

*UPDATE*

So I found the video on YouTube with the new track "Invented Sex" attached to it. I had to re-post it. I really like this song *this song could cause PROBLEMS*...however...just a question? How many hear this song...and picture Kelz singing it? lol Big ups to Drake!

1 comment:

Jas said...

Yeah...I love all things Chicago, but I stopped claiming R Kelly a while back